Fridayyyyy! Do the Friday Danceeeeee. ::whoot whoot::
The work week is coming to an end and I have a few things I need to be thankful for this week before I get into a quick 20-minute Friday morning workout.
1) Chocolate Cupcakes
Even though I’m a fitness and health fanatic, I can’t say no to a chocolate cupcake at 10:30 in the morning! We had a copywriter intern at work who just celebrated from UW-Madison so our party planning committee decided there is no better way to celebrate then with these scrumptious cupcakes.
2) Teasing my coworker for why she can’t have one!
The one downfall of getting married, that wedding diet! Poor Kerri, I enjoyed eating this in front of her. (Please don’t mind my messy desk)
3) My promotion within image.works from Marketing Project Coordinator to Copywriter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a very strong passion for writing, so when a copywriting position opened up at image.works I felt I needed to take the opportunity to apply and I was blessed with the promotion this Wednesday! Everyone has been so supportive at image.works and I am so thankful for each and every one of them. Even though a few are sad I will be leaving my current position, seeing how happy they are for me makes me even more excited to join the creative team and be doing something I am truly passionate about. 🙂
4) I am thankful for so much more from this week, but above are just a few I wanted to celebrate with a quick Happy Dance this morning! Every day I am thankful for so much that God has given me in this life. He is filling my heart with his desires and I really hope that he can continue to bless me to spread love and joy to those around me.
5) Be excited for Monday’s post. I am running in a Zombie Run this weekend with Tyler and some friends and I can only imagine what I am about to experience 🙂
FRIDAY 20-MINUTE WORKOUT
Onto our quick 20-Minute workout this morning. I like to get a quick home work out in on Fridays because a lot of time after work Tyler and I are headed back to our parents houses right away, going out on a date night or in this case today, driving to Milwaukee for the Zombie Run.
Since I tend to sit behind a desk most of the day I like to get up and move everyday so Friday mornings are my mornings to be thankful for the accomplishments of the week, do a little Friday Dance for those accomplishments (that can be anything really, I tend to just jump in circles with a few fist pumps celebrating my victories for about a minute 🙂 ) and then onto the 20-minute workout.
Repeat through 10-minute circuit twice to get full 20-minutes:
|1:00||Jog in Place|
|:30||forward lunges alternate legs|
|:30||jumping squats (squat and power up with a jump, land, squat repeat)|
|:30||squat punches (squat in a plie while punching)|
|:30||side lunges (right leg)|
|:30||squat plie (2 squats and jump, land 2 squats and jump, repeat)|
|:30||side lunges (left leg)|
|1:00||jumping jacks (fast this time)|
(Repeat through a 2nd time)
I’m off to do this myself!
I hope you all have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend.
Questions for the Day:
- What are some things you are thankful for this week that deserve a Friday Dance?
- Any big plans for the weekend?